Oreo chocolate truffles are a simple and delightful dessert or snack created by blending Oreo cookies with cream cheese and then generously coated in chocolate. This simple recipe needs only a handful of ingredients, making it easy for anyone to whip up these delicious treats.
- 1 package (8oz block) of cream cheese, softened.
- 1 package of Oreo cookies, about 36 cookies
- Chocolate for coating (chocolate chips, baking chocolate, or candy melts)
- Crush the Oreo cookies: Use a food processor or place the Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
- Mix with cream cheese: In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed Oreo cookies with the softened cream cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Form truffle balls: Scoop out small portions of the mixture and roll them into balls. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Chill: Place the truffle balls in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours or until they are firm.
- Coat with chocolate: Melt the chocolate in a microwave or on the stovetop. Dip each chilled truffle ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring it is fully coated. Use a fork to lift the truffle out of the chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip off.
Once the chocolate coating has hardened, the Oreo truffles are ready to be served. You can store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy them.
Get creative with the recipe by adding variations such as different coatings (sprinkles, crushed nuts, or coconut) or using different flavors of Oreo cookies. Oreo truffles are great for parties, holidays, or any time you’re craving a treat.
Looking For More Easy-To-Make-At-Home Meals?