Enjoy the ease of making this tasty Loaded Potato Soup at home. It’s a simple recipe that requires little effort but gives you a lot of flavor, perfect for busy nights. Just grab some basic ingredients from your pantry, throw them into your Crock Pot, and return to a house filled with the comforting smell of creamy potato soup.
You can treat your family to a satisfying meal in a few easy steps. Dice up some potatoes and an onion, toss them into your Crock Pot, and let the magic happen. This Loaded Potato Soup is easy to make and packs a nutritional punch. You can ensure your family enjoys a hearty and wholesome dinner without compromising taste.
- 4 cup chunked potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1.5 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
- Green onions chopped
- Add potatoes, broth and onion to slow cooker; set to low for 4-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before potatoes are done, in a medium saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour & cook until bubbly.
- Slowly add heavy cream, then sour cream – should be thick.
- Add to slow cooker and stir, cool for 20-30 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
What to pair with your loaded potato soup
- Crusty Bread or Dinner Rolls: Serve with a side of warm, crusty bread or soft dinner rolls. The bread is perfect for dipping and adds a delightful texture to the meal.
- Green Salad: Balance the richness of the soup with a crisp and fresh green salad. Consider a simple salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a light vinaigrette dressing.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: A classic pairing, grilled cheese sandwiches make for a comforting and filling accompaniment to loaded potato soup.
- Steamed Vegetables: Add a healthy touch to your meal by serving steamed vegetables on the side. Broccoli, cauliflower, or a medley of colorful veggies can provide a satisfying contrast to the hearty soup.
- Fried or Baked Chicken Tenders: For a heartier option, consider serving loaded potato soup with crispy fried or baked chicken tenders. The combination of creamy soup and crunchy chicken is a great contrast.
Looking For More Easy-To-Make-At-Home Meals?