Simple Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipe
These slow cooker pork chops are easy to make and smothered in a creamy, mouth-watering garlic sauce! You can make pork chops in your crockpot with delicious potatoes and have a hearty, comforting, and budget-friendly dinner the whole family will love.
- 4-5 pork loin chops, boneless
- 1 ½ lb yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- To prepare your crockpot pork chops recipe, Arrange diced potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Heat oil or butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Add heavy cream, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Bring to a gentle simmer, set heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon. Lower the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, little by little, until smooth. Add Italian seasoning and adjust the seasoning for the cream sauce if needed. You might want to add more liquid if the cream sauce is too thick.
- Meanwhile, season the pork chops with salt, then quickly sear the pork chops in a hot skillet with a tablespoon of oil on both sides until brown on the edges. Arrange the pork chops on top of the potatoes in the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, sauté the sliced mushrooms with onion, scraping the brown bits from the pork chops. Add a little oil if needed. Add the mushrooms and onion on top of the pork chops and potatoes in the slow cooker.
- When the cream sauce is ready, pour evenly over the pork chops, mushrooms, and potatoes in the crockpot. Try to get as much sauce as possible on top of the pork chops and less on the bottom.
Simplify your dinners with this easy slow cooker pork chop recipe and transform ordinary pork chops into a delicious dish. In terms of nutrition, pork is a valuable addition to a balanced diet, supporting muscle growth and overall well-being. Packed with essential vitamins and minerals, pork offers many health benefits. The protein and fat content in pork also make it a satisfying meal, helping you eat exactly what you need to feel full longer. Using the crockpot to make your family dinner will also help preserve the natural health benefits of the pork in one pot simplifying meal prep for the family.
Looking For More Easy-To-Make-At-Home Meals?